Or 18 days. It's all very overwhelming, but so calming at the same time.
I had the opportunity to attend the temple and receive my endowments. Many may not know what that means, but I can tell you one thing. I love my church. I know it's the only one that is true. The feeling that I felt in that temple, with my mom, fiance, and those who love me was something that cannot be put into words. There is a fire that comes from receiving such an amazing blessing. A power to avoid and overcome temptation and evil. I was talking to someone today who was doubting a decision. I told her that even though it may not help her now, it may leave her with some comfort. When you make a decision and take out you're endowments, all doubts and fears disappear. Sure, you have to make a very large decision (like marriage or a mission, unless you're older) to take out you're endowments. But, even through everything, there was always a fear, a doubt in my mind. The moment I stepped out of the temple, (actually before then) my fear was gone. I knew without a single doubt in my mind that Brandon was who I needed to be with for eternity. My testimony of my church grew 100 fold in just a few short hours. I felt Satan's power disappear and my love for the Savior and my family grow as well. That whole experience is just something that you can't explain.
At the beginning of our relationship, Nothing bothered me about Brandon. But as it got closer to me attending the temple, I noticed a change in my attitude. There were little things that he did that annoyed me. My roommates pissed me off. My classmates pissed me off. Brandon's conversations about the gospel pissed me off. I was constantly upset, tired, and feeling depressed. That all changed Saturday. I see myself striving to love Brandon the way he deserves instead of trying to prove my independence. I feel myself trying to find love for my roommate that I have so much negative feelings for. I find the little quirks in Brandon funny and cute (even if I still can't figure out why he does it.) I find the LOVE and the WANT to discuss deeply and share the gospel with others. I want others to know of such a great religion and what amazing things I get the opportunity to see, learn, feel, and hear.
The love for my family has really strengthened. I feel so grateful that even though I may not have a full member family, that there is still the opportunity to be with them for eternity down the road. I have come to see the great potential my sister has and how amazing she is in everything she does. I've learned how much I depend on my mom, and seeing her so proud of me this weekend meant the world to me. I wouldn't take back spending the time I did with her, for anything. My dad and all his support in anything and everything that I do amazes me. I got a letter from my great grandma, and apparently my dad even tells her how proud he is of me. I need my parents approval, and I'm so happy that they can finally see how happy I am, and how happy being around them makes me.
My life has taken a crazy turn, but with the Lord, I can get through everything. Brandon is literally my life, my strength, my light. He makes me happy, and I love everything about him, even those things that annoy me.
You have to close one door to open a new one. And that's what this last month has been about. Many doors have closed, while more have opened. My testimony of the church is something stronger then it has ever been. I love the Lord, My Savior, My family (future and present) and although I may be a bit scared, I couldn't be more calm, relaxed, and comforted.
Monday, March 21, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





okay, thanks for making me cry!!! love you autumn. you are going to make such a beautiful bride and a wonderful wife.
ReplyDeleteAll I can say is WOW! You amaze me AJ.
ReplyDeletePlease print this out and keep it with your patriarchal blessing so you can read it, when you have doubts and fears about life or Brandon or yourself.
Go to the temple often. Don't get lazy about it like I did. It will protect you. I love you AJ more than you know, but you will know the day you have your own child.
MWAH!