Go figure. It was good ol' Saint Valentine... Duh. Here's my letter to you Mr. Valentine.
Dear Saint Valentine,
Instead of calling this day "Valentine's Day" why don't you call it "Single-awareness-or-stress-over-what-to-get-your-loved-one day." Seriously. For those who are single, you want to gag. You see all the flowers, hearts, red, chocolates, $40 teddy bears at walmart. You see the couples all in love and stuff. And well, all it does is remind you that A) you are single. or B) You don't have anyone that likes you enough to give you something. I feel really bad for those high/middle schoolers who see the girls walking down the hall with balloons, roses, a box of chocolate, and her friend is behind her carrying her teddy bear. Funny thing is, each gift is probably from a different guy. Did you ever think about that Mr. Valentine? Doubt it. What about when you were in elementary school and your teachers made you make the little boxes out of shoeboxes and you had to spend hours writing EVERYONE in your class a valentine. Even the one's you hated. And you had to read the valentine before putting a name on it just to make sure it wasn't something too nice for someone you didn't get along with. Did you think about that? Did you think about the couples who worry a lot about what to get the other person. That's a lot of stress. It really sucks when that happens. Please, next time, think about all of this.
Love,
Autumn
Okay, so I know it sounds like I have this severe hostility towards Valentine's day. I really don't. Okay I do. But, it's not because I'm single. Or that no one likes me enough. Last year I got things from 2 people, but it felt a little awkward. I guess I just have never understood the point. Hmmm....
Anyways, Saints won the Super Bowl today. It was great. I was going for the Colts, but halfway through I decided that I wanted New Orleans to win because they deserved it in my opinion. :] GREAT GAME.
Our ward split came up today. I'm very happy with it all actually. Well, there's one teeny thing that I'm hating right now, but MOST of the bishopric is going to be awesome. I just don't get how they can get someone so judgmental, rude, inconsiderate, and completely cocky in that position. THAT position at that. I understand the whole "God put him there so there must be a reason thing." It's probably to teach him not to be so freaking judgmental to everyone. Well guess what? I won't be the guinea pig. I don't think he belongs there. Question is, I know a lot of people feel the same. Why did EVERYONE sustain him? Hmmmm. If I would have been there, I wouldn't have. I like how I can do this, not mention a name, and only few will know who I'm actually talking about. I'm sure many THINK they know, but are totally and completely wrong.
I love that this is MY blog and I can say anything I want to. :] Heck.Freaking.Yes.
Oh, and here's me messing with my photos....
.jpg)
.jpg)





.jpg)





its actually an american holiday and st. valentine is from italy and it is not a holiday here like it is there, the only things for valentines are in english for the americans. dumb holiday none the less. ha ha but i like it when justin is home and i get pretty flowers. :)
ReplyDeleteI totally agree with you on Valentine's day junk. That's exactly what it is junk! Shew...I'll be glad when it's over! And geaux saints!! I'm really happy about that too!! I love your pics by the way!
ReplyDelete