Wedding Countdown Ticker

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Another Night At the Movies...

I did what a lot of other girls did tonight. I went to see the movie "Dear John" which, by the way, I've been waiting months and months to see. As a personal review; WAIT. Wait until it comes out on Redbox to spend money on it. I read the book and I think that the movie was put together terribly. Everything was very choppy, and I didn't feel much chemistry at all. I think the acting wasn't all that great either. It was nothing at all like the book. All in all, I was severely disappointed.

Another reason why I hated this movie? Well, as many know. I considered myself an MG (Missionary Girl) for a long time. I was writing one on a weekly basis. That movie reminded me of how hard it is to say goodbye, and how much letter writing SUCKS. This doesn't mean I'll stop writing my many friends that are out on missions, but trying to show and tell feelings on a piece of paper is near impossible and sometimes, like in my case, it doesn't work out.

Watching a romance movie like that made me sad. I hate knowing that I have seen that happen in my life, and I have to watch them walk out again. For 2 years. No matter who I want to grow close to, unless they have returned from a mission, I have a wall to put up. Same goes for those in the services. I have a marine friend that I had to explain to why girls won't date him. It's hard. It's hard to keep up a relationship through letters for months, sometimes years, on end. So yes. I bawled. The.Entire.Way.Through. I'm such a girl. Right?

I know this sounds really lame to many of you, but had to take dear ol' Rico to the vet today. He got an infection in his lungs, and if you don't know, in a guinea pig that's deadly. And I'm not talking deadly in weeks. I'm talking deadly in hours. They decline way fast. He's on antibiotics and we hope to have him feeling better way soon.

Bedtime? Si Senor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me insight. I love to hear your thoughts. Be nice, or don't be. But be aware I will defend myself :] Have fun!