I'm really glad it's over actually. So, I went and hung out with my friend all weekend.. and listened to her talk about Ammon. haha. I love that girl. I could listen to her for hours.
I stayed up way way way late talking to Drew. Too late. But it was well worth it I'd say :]
But here's how the day went...
Emily wasn't going to go to conference with us because it was too early, and I kinda got mad. So she decided to go. We were planning on getting up at 5 am. Shanna and I both set our alarms... Well, they didnt go off. Emily called me 15 times, and texted me, and left me voicemails. I felt really bad. She had every right to be mad at me. She got locked out of the dorm she was staying in, and so she slept in the hallway...
We woke up at 7 and FREAKED! We got up and got ready super fast. Got Emily, drove to conference. We got there, and I thought we had plenty of time. But, we spent a half an hour trying to find a place to park, so I had Shanna and Emily get out and go get tickets while I found a place to park. WRONG IDEA! I drove around, went everywhere, and everything was reserved. So, I finally drove and parked at Albertson's.. Little did I know that it was in the ghetto of Salt Lake City, it was pouring rain, with thunder and lightening, I was in a skirt, no jacket, and completely lost. I had no idea where to go. I called my mom, and she talked me through it. (Man I love her) I prayed, and got this feeling that I wasnt alone. I knew Heavenly Father was looking out for me. So I got pretty calm :] But then I looked behind me and noticed there was a guy following me. He followed me until I ducked into a church building and he stood there looking at me through the window. I made Shanna come get me. I WAS bawling! Freaking out.
Well then, we got so close to going to the Conference center and getting in, but I was barely too late. We had tickets for the evening session, so we decided to watch conference in the Tabernacle, and go to the evening session. Well, someone stole them!! So, we decided to go home. I was done.
THEN I found out I had to drive BACK to Provo, and then to Spanish Fork to pick up my other roommate. So, I backtracked :/ Well, once we FINALLY got on the road, it was pouring, I couldnt see, and about 5 trucks almost hit us. I'm home safe and sound now, and doing homework. :]
Peace out scouts... Here are some photos....





I stayed up way way way late talking to Drew. Too late. But it was well worth it I'd say :]
But here's how the day went...
Emily wasn't going to go to conference with us because it was too early, and I kinda got mad. So she decided to go. We were planning on getting up at 5 am. Shanna and I both set our alarms... Well, they didnt go off. Emily called me 15 times, and texted me, and left me voicemails. I felt really bad. She had every right to be mad at me. She got locked out of the dorm she was staying in, and so she slept in the hallway...
We woke up at 7 and FREAKED! We got up and got ready super fast. Got Emily, drove to conference. We got there, and I thought we had plenty of time. But, we spent a half an hour trying to find a place to park, so I had Shanna and Emily get out and go get tickets while I found a place to park. WRONG IDEA! I drove around, went everywhere, and everything was reserved. So, I finally drove and parked at Albertson's.. Little did I know that it was in the ghetto of Salt Lake City, it was pouring rain, with thunder and lightening, I was in a skirt, no jacket, and completely lost. I had no idea where to go. I called my mom, and she talked me through it. (Man I love her) I prayed, and got this feeling that I wasnt alone. I knew Heavenly Father was looking out for me. So I got pretty calm :] But then I looked behind me and noticed there was a guy following me. He followed me until I ducked into a church building and he stood there looking at me through the window. I made Shanna come get me. I WAS bawling! Freaking out.
Well then, we got so close to going to the Conference center and getting in, but I was barely too late. We had tickets for the evening session, so we decided to watch conference in the Tabernacle, and go to the evening session. Well, someone stole them!! So, we decided to go home. I was done.
THEN I found out I had to drive BACK to Provo, and then to Spanish Fork to pick up my other roommate. So, I backtracked :/ Well, once we FINALLY got on the road, it was pouring, I couldnt see, and about 5 trucks almost hit us. I'm home safe and sound now, and doing homework. :]
Peace out scouts... Here are some photos....





Awesome Photos as always AJ. That building is the conference center BTW. LOL
ReplyDeleteIt was for your good. It was a learning experience for next time.
I was glad I got you to calm down and listen to my directions.
Take care of you and I love you more and more each day as I see you grow in faith and testimony. It makes me proud.
Love, MOM