Wedding Countdown Ticker

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Christmas Season

Christ's Birth Pictures, Images and PhotosI went shopping today, and realized that the CHRISTmas season is no longer the CHRISTmas season. They now have "end of the year" sales, and "holiday" sales. I have information for you. This season wouldn't exist. I know that there are people out there that celebrate different holidays. I respect that completely. But let's get real. 90% of the population of the United States celebrate Christmas. 8% of the other 10% don't get offended if you say Christmas. And the other 2% can just get over it. I mean really. Instead, we are offending 80% of those who celebrate Christmas by taking the spirit out of it. Christmas isn't about gifts, shopping, and dinner. Christmas is about family and Charity. It is a time to not only remember Christ's birth, but his life.
Jesus Christ teaching Pictures, Images and Photos
My mom is the greatest example of all of this. We haven't always had money for Christmas, but my mom always made sure that she helped other people. This year, I've seen her give extra effort to be nice to everyone and to give money to all the little charities. You know when you go to pay for things and they ask if you'd like to donate a dollar for "so and so" charity? My mom doesn't decline. She makes sure that everyone is enjoying the season. She offered to give up our Christmas tree to someone who couldn't afford one for his son. THAT is what the true meaning of Christmas is. That's why when my parents ask what I want for Christmas, every year it gets harder and harder to give them an answer. They do so much for me all year. Why should I get MORE on Christmas? Next year, I might just ask them to donate all the money to the Humane Society or Children's hospital or something. It's hard knowing now that someone I know, someone that came to me upset, someone I cared about, is on the streets now. She's homeless. She's the one begging for the money on the corner. This makes me want to give more. It shows me that those people begging for money, are sometimes legit. They sometimes really do need help and they're not all out there to steal your money and buy alcohol.

Bring Christ back in Christmas. He's the reason for the season. Stop commercializing this holiday, and be with your family and give back to someone who needs it.
resurrection Pictures, Images and Photos

2 comments:

Leave me insight. I love to hear your thoughts. Be nice, or don't be. But be aware I will defend myself :] Have fun!