So, here's the thing. There was this boy here, Drew. He told me he loved me, he wanted to marry me. He was my best friend. We had so much fun together. Well, his Grandpa had a stroke today, and he needed me. I dropped everything I was doing, and went to comfort him. He held my hand today. He told me he loved me tonight. He was literally my best friend. He kept telling me that he was hanging out with his friends. And then tonight he told me he was going on a walk. 3 hours laters, he came on and said "Sorry, I took a walk, and then had to talk to my family for a while about my grandpa." Well, he was acting weird and I asked about it. He said, "Well, I really like this girl, and I want to date her. I don't want to break your heart." This was a total shock to me. 10 minutes prior, I had told my roommates that I didn't care if he got a girlfriend. But, I broke down. Like, I went out into my living room, AND BAWLED! THEN, I get on facebook to delete him from my friend, and he had ALREADY changed his status to "In a relationship." I FLIPPED. Like, nervous breakdown flipped. He had told me he was waiting for me. He wanted to kiss me. He held my hand today, and he LIED about where he was all the time. He lied. I think this is what upset me the most. I was so upset, and honestly, jealous.
My roommates came out and comforted me while I was shaking. They brought up a good point that calmed me down. Drew made some dumb decisions. He's an RM, but he wasn't where he needed to be. His maturity level was way lower then it should be. Plus, they said, that this could be confirmation that I made the right choice. It may have hurt me, but it opened my eyes. I just thought I'd say *insert very rude comment here* (there was a very rude comment there but i deleted it) But anyways, I'm hurt yes. I was surprisingly upset about it all. But, this has to be a blessing in disguise. I now have nothing standing in my way of waiting for Tyler. Keep an eye out for those blessings in disguise. Sometimes things may crush your heart, but that may be the Lord's way of FULLY and COMPLETELY showing you that you're doing the right things. This is really hard for me, i just lost my best friend, but you know what? I KNOW I'm better. I KNOW that I'm doing the right thing. I KNOW that my Heavenly Father answers prayers and wants us to be happy, but sometimes you have to go through pain to get that comfort and happiness. I may be down a "friend" but I am now free to continue my life. The Lord works in amazing ways.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave me insight. I love to hear your thoughts. Be nice, or don't be. But be aware I will defend myself :] Have fun!