Wedding Countdown Ticker

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Well, wasnt this a great Halloween?

I think not. Thank goodness for Drew for taking me out and taking me to his place to watch T.V. for an hour. I have no idea why this last couple of weeks has been so hard for me. I have no idea. But, I continue to miss him and his "ninja on halloween" ways. Really, I do. Halloween just isn't what it used to be. What do I miss about Halloween?

-Being able to trick-or-treat. And I'm not just saying as a little kid. Here in Rexburg, it's illegal for college kids to trick-or-treat. Legit. They will arrest you. I don't know why. Probably goes along with all the other stupid "illegal" things to do here.

-Getting candy. Now Halloween is just an excuse for girls to dress slutty, and people to drink. Yes, even here in Rexburg. And, we don't get candy. Here we even had to GIVE it. Little kids came to our dorm.

-Trunk-or-treat. All my friends were there. We had a chili cookoff, and it was load of fun.

-Movie nights with AnnCheri. We'd cuddle up under blankets, and watch creepy movies, scream, and have a great time.

-Tyler taking me out to dinner. He did that for 3 "night before Halloween's" And, he'd talk about his Ninja costume. :]

-Him showing up at Trunk-or-treat. It was so much fun. He is the craziest kid ever.

-My mom in her crazy blue wig. She's had that thing for like... 8 Halloweens now. But you know, she still comes up with something creative to do with it. I miss her so much.

-My sister being the cutest dang thing on Halloween. I didn't get to see her this year. She was a 3-blind referee. UGH. I better get pictures.

- Dressing my dog up. Yes, I did that every year. And I'd take her out trick-or-treating.

Wanna know what went down this year? I dressed up, and we went to this "Haunted Hart" in the Hart building. My roomies decided it was lame so we left, even though if we would have done something we would have had a great time. So, we came back, and decided to go to the Haunted Corn Maze. Well, I had 2 tanks of gas left, so when we got lost, we came back. I went to Drews and watched TV for an hour, then had him take me home for curfew. Then, I took a shower, and realized that due to Daylight Savings, it's not even curfew yet. Wow. I want it back to how it used to be. And all the memories with Tyler and my friends made it even worst. LAME! Maybe I'll just make AnnCheri and Tyler come down here next Halloween. Yeah. Sounds like a good idea. Maybe then I won't be the "scrooge" of Halloween. I kinda feel bad for my roomies, I was pretty much a killer for most of the night, but I was frustrated, and missing everything from the past. What are some Halloween traditions that your families have that you miss? Or that you would miss if you couldn't do them one year? Comment and answer. Love you all.

2 comments:

  1. oh hunnie i know EXACTLY what you mean.. those memories just ruin everything.. like last year justin and i were the pac man couple and were stinking adorable.. ad then we walked to the foodcourt and ate junk food for hours just laughing and went home to watch a movie... and this year even though it was fun and i was surrounded by people it was nothing compared to last year.. i was distracted in the moment but as soon as it wore off, i went into super sad and upset mode.. i need to come back to rexburg so we can be friends and hang out lol halloween and any other days especially holidays with amazing memories suck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss our scary movie nights too!! They are no fun without someone there to freak me out more by screaming in my ear lol. I can't wait till you come home. We will have to have a scary movie marathon to make up for the time we've missed :P

    ReplyDelete

Leave me insight. I love to hear your thoughts. Be nice, or don't be. But be aware I will defend myself :] Have fun!