Okay, I'm going to rant a little just because I just read a couple of girls new blogs. Yes, I'm "waiting" for a missionary. Why? I know that's what I'm supposed to be doing. I will trust in the Lord. He knows what's best for me. But, does that mean I become obsessive and blog every single day about him and his whole life? Does that mean that I sit around on a Friday night because I won't date anyone? Does that mean I don't go out and have a life? Does that mean that I give other MG's a bad name? NO! Girls! C'mon! GO GET A LIFE! How on earth are you supposed to know if that guy is the right one for you, if you are locking yourself in a bedroom everyday and writing him 7 letters a week? You don't! Heck, I still go out on dates, and I KNOW I'm supposed to wait for Tyler. Why do I go on dates then you ask? Because (in the words of Emily) the more you obsess over him being gone, the longer it will seem to take. Many of my MG's are very close minded. Luckily, a lot of them aren't and I love them. The girls at BYU-Idaho aren't like this at all. And THAT is why I will go on MG nights with them. I don't feel like they are going to judge me for going out and having a life. Why? They do it too. Promising a missionary to completely wait, and not date, is selfish. AND if your mish asks that of you, then you honestly have a selfish mish on your hands as well. If you write, "I love you sososososososososo smuch and miss you and want to marry you and have your babies." In your letter, then you have issues. You wanna know what you're doing? You're DISTRACTING HIM! That is wrong. Telling him you miss him a lot, is plenty. You are writing him to support him in serving the Lord, and no matter how much you think that telling him all that mushy stuff will help, it doesn't. It takes his focus away from what he should be focused on. I love you girls, and I love those that married missionaries as well that they waited for. Even if you did what I hate. Your stories give me hope. BUT, I really hate to see someone put their life on pause for 2 years. That isn't fair. Even if there is an agreement. Yes, I write Tyler once a week. Yes, I have a paper chain. Yes I go to MG nights. Yes I have countdowns. Yes, I tell him I miss him in my letters. BUT, Once a week is fine. They enjoy letters once a week. I have a paper chain because, yes, I'm excited for him to come home, that and it decorates our dorm. I go to MG nights because it's nice to hang out with girls who understand, and won't look down on me for waiting. I have countdowns because it lessens the blow. I tell him I miss him, ONCE in a letter, and I dont go into detail. Please girls, think about what you're doing. Stop being selfish, and go out and have fun. Just because you go on dates doesnt mean you have to marry them, or kiss them, but a great friendship will come out of it. Trust me. Take my advice. It's happened to me. :] I now have a great friend, and I'll probably go to his wedding, and I go to him with anything. He listens. He makes me smile, and he listens to me vent. He is by far my best friend, and he keeps my mind off of everything. Make friends and stop being lame!
Okay, now that that's done, my mommy's car broke today. I felt bad cuz I didn't answer her phone calls. I should have. I talked to my little sister tonight too! That made me soooo happy. She seems to be doing well. Today though, I spent an hour in the testing center and it was a complete waste of time! I took an American Foundations test, and that took like, 10 mins tops, but then, I retook my math test to try to get higher then the previous 84. After 50 mins, I finished, got my score back, and GOT THE SAME SCORE! WHAT THE HECK! Haha. I'm still in awe with the concert last night. Here is my personal letter to the bands.
Dear Versamerge?:
Why must you act like a wannabe Paramore? I didn't like it at all. I'm not saying you were terrible, but you have a lot of work to do. Good luck with that, and I hope you gain fans, but I'm not one of them.
Dear A Rocket to the Moon:
YOU gained a fan. You guys are amazing, and now I have your CD. You definately won me over, and I love your songs. I can relate to them. Most of them. I love you!
Dear The Maine:
I didnt really know you. I knew some of your songs, and I liked them, but I hadn't taken the time to listen to many. After last night, I really like you! Consider plus 1 fan!
Dear Cobra Starship:
OMG! Can you say amazing. I want to marry you. Now! You guys had an amazing show, and I will support you forever and ever and ever. Hurry up with your tour so you can start a new one and come near me again, or at least within 4 hours of me. I will drive my tooshie to see you. You have won my heart over. Tyler would be jealous. You should feel special! I want all your songs! And maybe your male band members as well! I LOVE YOU!
Dear Boys Like Girls:
I am going to marry you as well. You are ROCKING, and your lead singer is smokin! How bout you have him break up with Taylor Swift, and come find me. I'll be waiting. I wanted to touch your water bottles, that would have made me the happiest person alive. I love that you blew my eardrums out and made my voice disappear. It's a huge turn on for me. Keep up that good work! BLG FAN FOR LIFE!
Okay okay, so I'm crazy. BUT, you know you like it. I had so much fun. Wanna see? Heres the pics:
In Blackfoot, Idaho. One of the bands quoted saying "I woke up this morning and said "Where the EFF is Blackfoot." (renamed for virgin ear purposes)
You know we're cool! You should see the one with Carolyn and I doing the "fangs"

This guy should marry me, now!

aaaammmaaazzziiinnnggg. :) :)
ReplyDelete